AD

Is college worth it?

I'm a computer science major and I don't have any passion for it. Everyone keeps saying that my job requires technical skill so I'm afraid I wont be able to get a job even with a degree. I believe that I'm capable, but the competitiveness is real and I just don't have that. I'm not an overachiever I just want a life where I can sustain myself enough to be happy. Being in school has made me doubt myself. I failed my first coding class this past quarter and I'm beginning to doubt whether I have the ability to work in my field. The class was grueling, hard work and I mentally wasn't prepared for it. I chose to fail and ignore the class to preserve my mental health. I became really depressed because I couldn't do the work required for the course and that became a cycle of not doing the work and becoming more and more depressed because of my failure. I know that this isn't the first failure I will have in life but it's made me question whether or not I have it in me technically, and mentally to work as a software developer. Should I just drop out and work minimum wage or try to find a decent career with my current knowledge? Should I keep going and get my degree while knowing I don't have the passion that others in my major do? My failure has set me back so I'll have to stay in school for longer too for my degree. I don't know if I'll be able to succeed and I dont want to waste another two years of my life doing something I don't want to do.

submitted by /u/Anon7197
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice http://bit.ly/2JL4D0g
Is college worth it? Is college worth it? Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on मई 30, 2019 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Trucker acquitted in deadly crash asks for license back, but state says he contributed to accident

from Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines https://ift.tt/b6OUyH5

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.