AD

How to professionally take unpaid time off regardless of request answer?

I just started a job that I'm already disliking, it's a new company with no processes, no clear guidance, and very understaffed. On top of this they are already a very long commute, but the pay is really good for my area. So far, I'm pretty resigned to work there until I can get employment that is a better fit, money is not really an issue for me, as I recently sold my house and have a partner that also works and contributes their fair share.

My debate is this, I recently was told there could be a chance for me and my partner to take 2 week vacation to a dream foreign location that I've wanted to go to since I was a child. This is one of the few times that we know we will have this availability to go (partner is in the military) in October, which makes me hesitate finding other employment elsewhere in the meantime. When we have a more solid schedule, plane tickets purchased, etc. I would like to as professionally as possible, inform them that this is going to take place (ideally I'd give them about a months notice).

I'm not a very confrontational person, and I have a feeling they are going to come back saying they can't approve it, need me to work, or just outright no. How do I maintain some sense of professionalism while maintaining that this is happening, regardless of the outcome of my employment?

I'm aware this already isn't the most professional path I am taking, but this is quiet literally a childhood dream of mine, and I don't really see myself sacrificing it for a job I am not super invested in.

submitted by /u/Usakiia
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice http://bit.ly/2JLK8Ar
How to professionally take unpaid time off regardless of request answer? How to professionally take unpaid time off regardless of request answer? Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on मई 30, 2019 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Trucker acquitted in deadly crash asks for license back, but state says he contributed to accident

from Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines https://ift.tt/b6OUyH5

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.