AD

ask the readers: moving back to mainstream jobs after sex work

I’m throwing this question out to readers because frankly I don’t have good answers for this one, and I’m hoping in particular that readers with experience in sex work will weigh in. Here’s the letter:

I have a bit of a strange question. I want to get into sex work, specifically as a professional dominatrix. It’s going to take time to build up my skills and client base so I plan to keep working my day job for some time anyway, but I want to be as prepared as I can and I know I might not want to do sex work forever, especially if the laws change (I’m not in the U.S., it’s legal where I am, albeit with restrictions, but the government is definitely anti-sex work) or if (touch wood) I get assaulted or if my circumstances just change.

How would I go about moving back into a more typical career path post-sex work? How would I handle interviews if that happens? I’d register as self-employed for tax purposes anyway and I’m aware that much of sex work is the business side of things (advertising, negotiating with clients, planning etc.) but I can’t imagine I could talk about it in an interview given the nature of the work. Can you imagine? “Yes, I have strong negotiating skills that I developed from discussing whether to use a flogger or a cane with my clients.” That’d go well.

So how could I minimise the impact doing sex work could have on a possible future career? Ideally I’d want to do pro Domme work full time eventually and at least semipermanently, but I know there are always going to be risks (possibly getting outed, evicted, fired from other jobs, assaulted, lack of support from police or courts if anything happens). I’m willing to take that chance, but I’d naturally prefer to mitigate those risks as much as possible and I want to leave other doors at least partially open. Any advice?

(Also, this might just be the only job where it’s appropriate to call someone “Master”!)

Readers, what’s your advice?

ask the readers: moving back to mainstream jobs after sex work was originally published by Alison Green on Ask a Manager.



from Ask a Manager https://ift.tt/2uTHaki
via IFTTT
ask the readers: moving back to mainstream jobs after sex work ask the readers: moving back to mainstream jobs after sex work Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on जुलाई 31, 2018 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Trucker acquitted in deadly crash asks for license back, but state says he contributed to accident

from Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines https://ift.tt/b6OUyH5

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.