AD

How do I get a job after being a terrible employee due to treatment resistant depression now that I am better?

I have a degree in Art History and got a teacher certification in K-6. I did half the requirements for a master’s in Education, but opted for an alternative certification program because it was a faster route to a job. Once I started teaching, due to inexperience, the slow, painful death of my father, an undedicated “mentor,” the unending responsibilities of teaching, I experienced extreme anxiety and spiraled into a very dark place due to treatment resistant depression, for which I will be on meds for life (That’s okay with me. I would not be alive without them). I had to take a leave of absence, and eventually quit my job,

I have followed this pattern for 20+ years. I start a job and pressures mount. Eventually, I experience PTSD and depressive symptoms and have to take leave or just quit.

I take pride in my way and strive to do a good job, but eventually, I experience so much anxiety, I get PTSD symptoms like nightmares and insomnia . I begin to feed inadequate and a failure and loser, once again, to the point I feel like I don’t want to live because I’m just not good at it.

All this to say, I don’t have good references. Bosses fell let down and betrayed. Co-workers resent the extra workload for them that my absences cause.

I’m so ashamed, I’m embarrassed to ask anyone for references. I haven’t stayed in contact with any employers and co-workers.

I have many job skills and would like to re-enter the job force in some capacity. I haven’t worked on five years.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to get hired in a job where I can use my skills? Due to arthritis, I can’t work retail because I can’t stand for long periods of time.

How could I get hired with no references from former employers?

Thank you from any advice you might have.

submitted by /u/Gigilynn06
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2UlImuQ
How do I get a job after being a terrible employee due to treatment resistant depression now that I am better? How do I get a job after being a terrible employee due to treatment resistant depression now that I am better? Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on मार्च 31, 2019 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

GB's Neita wins 100m at Doha Diamond League

Britain's Daryll Neita beats American Tamari Davis to claim victory in the women's 100m at the Diamond League meeting in Doha. fro...

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.