AD

Do local newspapers still offer internships/apprenticeships?

I graduated with a bachelor degree in intercultural studies in 2018, and want to start pursuing a masters in English, possibly with a focus on journalism, creative writing, or literature. I'm really interested in learning more about print journalism and gaining some experience that would get me a foot in the door with a lot of literary fields, but I don't think I currently have any relevant experience that would get me a paid job at a local paper. Closest thing would be honorable mention for my state in a national research essay contest when I was in high school, and maybe the recommendation of college profs who were all impressed by my writing. My question is this: do local papers often allow 'interns' to essentially shadow them and help out where needed? Paid or unpaid, I think the experience would be really helpful, but I'm wondering how to approach my local newspaper to ask if I could be part of what they do. And would I ask the editor directly?

Thanks for any advice.

submitted by /u/pineconereverie
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2UlIPgA
Do local newspapers still offer internships/apprenticeships? Do local newspapers still offer internships/apprenticeships? Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on मार्च 31, 2019 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Watch: BBC questions Infantino over backing as Fifa president

The head of the football governing body has faced multiple calls to quit after his aborted attempt to sell private stakes in the World Cup. ...

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.