AD

Do local newspapers still offer internships/apprenticeships?

I graduated with a bachelor degree in intercultural studies in 2018, and want to start pursuing a masters in English, possibly with a focus on journalism, creative writing, or literature. I'm really interested in learning more about print journalism and gaining some experience that would get me a foot in the door with a lot of literary fields, but I don't think I currently have any relevant experience that would get me a paid job at a local paper. Closest thing would be honorable mention for my state in a national research essay contest when I was in high school, and maybe the recommendation of college profs who were all impressed by my writing. My question is this: do local papers often allow 'interns' to essentially shadow them and help out where needed? Paid or unpaid, I think the experience would be really helpful, but I'm wondering how to approach my local newspaper to ask if I could be part of what they do. And would I ask the editor directly?

Thanks for any advice.

submitted by /u/pineconereverie
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2UlIPgA
Do local newspapers still offer internships/apprenticeships? Do local newspapers still offer internships/apprenticeships? Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on मार्च 31, 2019 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Parents of boy whose heart stopped for 19 hours were stunned when it started beating again

from Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines https://ift.tt/BEzYGCh

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.