AD

Boss wants me to propose change

Overall I like my job! The culture is pretty decent and the work is interesting.

Recently I have been speaking to my manager about what I need to do to level up and potentially even look at a promotion. This is a conversation we have had multiple times and each of these times his response has been something along the lines of “proposing change”. That is finding a couple of areas in our process/culture that can improve. And then making it happen.

It seems like this is a requirement for leveling up from our company’s leadership. Where people at a certain level need to be constantly proposing change.

I am not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I appreciate that I get to work in a culture where people are perceptive to change. But on the other now I feel obligated to figure out what to say. To me it’s almost counterproductive to ask for change. I think change is very much a natural process. If change needs to happen, it will. But asking people to go out of their way and propose change can only result in forced proposals that may hurt, rather than improve our culture.

I also can’t help but feel this is kind of a bs answer to being able to improve my career.

I am not sure if I am overreacting? Or if my thoughts around this are legitimate?

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How would you recommend I proceed?

submitted by /u/usr_124578
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2IFD0Gk
Boss wants me to propose change Boss wants me to propose change Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on फ़रवरी 28, 2019 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Eurovision winner explains how they broke trophy

Returning from the contest, Swiss singer Nemo was greeted by hundreds of fans at Zurich Airport. from BBC News https://ift.tt/B6dHmvt

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.