AD

Am I the target?

A few weeks ago my GM asked me in a casual conversation to put together a sales forecast for my upcoming year (our fiscal year end is 3/31), not thinking much of it I said sure.

Now before I get really into it, I want to lay a couple things out...

  1. There are 5 sales managers in my office; of the 5, I am the newest and have the lowest sales based on the accounts I've been given. Mostly overflow and just small accounts that no one else really cares to touch, also one guy quit so I inherited all his previous accounts
  2. The others have been given huge client accounts and are racking in more than $5M-$10M/yr each - I on the other hand was given a target of $1M and have only been able to successfully reach that because they finally gave me 1 large client account
  3. My role is to manage existing accounts and bring in new accounts, which I have successfully done. I have brought in one brand new client we have not worked with before. They're not a huge client, but they're something and plan to do business with us long-term. Not once did I hear any kudos or recognition.. The only thing my boss told me was why aren't you bringing in Facebook or Amazon as clients

When talking to the others about the sales forecast meeting none of them had heard about it.. They said the GM hadn't reached out to them about said meeting or even once mentioned their sales forecasts for the upcoming year. I'm getting a little concerned about what this meeting is truly about and why only me.

  1. Is the management team concerned about my ability to perform?-Why am I not ringing in more than $1M/yr (I'd like to, but if you're giving me accounts that average less than $5K/sale it's going to take a lot of work & sales to get there)-I always deliver to what I commit to and my clients are really happy with the work I've delivered-I realize it's hard to ask strangers on the internet if the management team is concerned about my performance ability without any insight as to my work ethic, context of the environment, or more details
  2. Do I ask my GM directly why I'm the only one being asked to provide a sales forecast and no one else?

I've tried to create as much value as an employee:

  1. Pushing to implement a new software system; the system we currently use is archaic, I've been teaming up with the executive team on potential solution providers and am getting the quotes, contracts, etc.
  2. Going back to school to better my skillset to not just be valuable on the sales side, but also other departments of the company. I want them to see I have long-term vision and can be more valuable than in just 1 department (we work in a really niche industry, so am trying to hone in on my creative/design skills)

.... I applied for a program which costs upwards of $10K, there's some government funding available to subsidize if the company sponsors. I made a proposal asking for them to pay and we could work something out (the subsidy would cover $8K of tuition costs. Even if I had to pay the company back, it'd be 2K vs. 10K - which I had no issue doing). They seemed all cool about it and excited and saw this as a potential benefit. The submission deadline is this week and I've sent emails and asked about it in-person, no response or "yea, we're still figuring it out"

Everyone also happens to fear my boss, he's not much of a leader. It's created a very fearful work environment. People tip-toe around him to avoid upsetting him or saying anything that would trigger him. I work with really amazing people who are fun and delivery amazing results, but I think it's also a culture of fear or what he might do. Just last week he chose me as a target because he didn't like the prototype I was going to deliver to the client. While I am someone who assumes all responsibility for anything I touch, the concepts weren't something I designed nor any of the artwork. He got really upset with me about it all.. but I never decided any of the creative or structure for the model.

...I'm just feeling really frustrated and feeling like I need an out, I've been here less than a year and really don't want to have to leave. But my gut tells me to be on a high alert with some of these red flags.

Ps. If you took the time to read this all, please know I appreciate you as a person and hope you have an amazing day

submitted by /u/melonhop
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2TlYlsn
Am I the target? Am I the target? Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on फ़रवरी 28, 2019 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

I want to enjoy this week as much as possible - Hayes

Chelsea boss Emma Hayes wants to "enjoy this week as much as possible" as she prepares to bid farewell to the club. from BBC New...

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.