AD

Would like some thoughts about this job offer

Good day fellow readers. “I’m in the US btw for those who are reading.” Here is a little about myself, I am an IT-networking and info security graduate, currently working as a help desk support T1. Basic job, point people to what they need to click on to get their job done. Mostly old people that can’t figure out how to turn on a computer. I have a good amount of free time at work to where I am studying for certs “ Net+, Sec+, side studies on Wechall and Vulnhub to help with OSCP in the near future.” My plan is to be certified as a pen-tester within the span of 2019.

Now I am working around 50-60hrs a week, with almost 24hr on call support. Yes, 24hr phone support, I am technically the only help desk employee here. Well the other employee in the IT department is also helping out but is T2, so managing the network and administrative things on the backend.

$35k a year, plus overtime <—— a-lot of overtime, and the regular company benefits “which from what it seems like, I’ll have a hard time using with the amount of support I am expected to deliver. People think we are machines...... My check comes out to $1310, and sometimes around $1420 if I do a lot more overtime.

Any who, got a call this week from a recruiter for a help-desk position at Realogy. Cool, fortune 500 company, offer letter says “ work the given 40 week hours.” ha nice joke, I hope its only 40 a week, and “work with a team of 30 other help desk agents.” Sweet people I can talk to and learn from. Eh, not so good when I’m told, ill be getting paid $17/hr, thats a cut from my regular $1310 every 2 weeks.

My finances per month is a $1000 payment on my loan, “ which I’m working on finding a good place to refinance $70k in student loans.” Helping out dad with rent because thanks to his struggles as a cab driver, I had a roof above my head, and some credit card debt that I am paying for.(about $2500 no interest yet.)

My question to all the people reading this, Does Realogy offer good experience and does it help on my resume? Or am I good enough staying where I am and building up a year of experience to find another position since Ill be looking for something other than a help desk position.

submitted by /u/Granzer_
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2JrfhpP
Would like some thoughts about this job offer Would like some thoughts about this job offer Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on अक्तूबर 31, 2018 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Parents of boy whose heart stopped for 19 hours were stunned when it started beating again

from Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines https://ift.tt/BEzYGCh

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.