AD

Take a postdoc job or leave academia

Hello everyone. A short explanation: I finished my PhD in physics but want to try something new, so I applied to postdoc in Neuroscience. I got an offer that is interesting, but causes issues with timing to live with my SO. I believe I want to be a prof, but I have never had a job that isn’t in a physics lab. This makes me worried my desire to be a prof is partially a result of ignorance and never having had a job “in the real world”.

So, I’m trying to decide if I should take this postdoc offer and have to deal with living apart from my SO later on while I finish the postdoc, or I explore jobs outside academia.

There isn’t a right answer to this, but I’m curious if anyone has thoughts they’d like to offer.

Thanks

submitted by /u/QuantumVariables
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2OssRys
Take a postdoc job or leave academia Take a postdoc job or leave academia Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on सितंबर 30, 2018 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Cruise ship passengers isolating amid bug outbreak

P&O says it stepped up cleaning protocols following reports of "gastrointestinal symptoms" on board. from BBC News https://i...

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.