AD

How to begin a career field change when you love the one you’re in?

I work for a major US Airline as a duty manager in Southern California. Number 2 in seniority for my station among the 5 duty managers.

18months ago I was put on a work schedule that nearly destroyed my marriage as I never saw my wife or son. I saw them for a few minutes in the morning or for a couple hours on Saturday. It required couples counseling to fix. I went to Tuesday/Wednesday off with 3p-1130p hours instead of my Friday/Saturday 4am to 1pm gig.

6 months Ago I finally got my normal schedule back where family time isn’t an issue and life has been great...Until today.. everything is back to how it was and I cannot fathom reliving that hell again.

So, I love the airline industry and all it entails. Except this, which I never experienced in over 14 years.

I’m willing to resign and start a new job even in another field. Something m-f 9-5 type of deal.

How do you suggest someone decide how to leave an industry they love? My family is obviously most important, finding something else is quite difficult.

submitted by /u/myfpilot28
[link] [comments]

from Career Advice https://ift.tt/2xYkeBj
How to begin a career field change when you love the one you’re in? How to begin a career field change when you love the one you’re in? Reviewed by TUNI ON LINE CENTER AMBIKAPUR on सितंबर 30, 2018 Rating: 5

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

Cruise ship passengers isolating amid bug outbreak

P&O says it stepped up cleaning protocols following reports of "gastrointestinal symptoms" on board. from BBC News https://i...

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.